HM&FC-2"x 16′ colorful fiberglass automobile/motorcycle exhaust heat insulation wrap turbo wrap+2 zip ties
Hight Temperature Wrap Exhaust Header Wrap
- material: pure virgin glass fiber
- thickness: 1/16 inch (1.5mm)
- width: 2 inch (5cm)
- length:16ft (5m)
- temp: 1030°f continuous, 2060°f intermittent
- colors: White, Yellow, Red, Green, Black, Blue
- interlocked weave stays together
A couple reasons to consider this upgrade:
- this wrap will help protect your wallet by increasing efficiency of the everyday vehicle.
- extends engine life
- instant fuel savings, higher mpg
- proven to reduce under hood heat by up to 70%
- easily installed by the novice and pro alike
- will reduce turbo lag
- will increase horsepower
- protects under hood wiring & electronics
- keeps the engine compartment cooler, protecting plastic parts, hoses, wiring etc from dry rot and early break down.
- use as a turbo wrap instead of a 400$ blanket
- wrap hot hoses supercharger hardware and more
Also a great way to hide bluing, weld lines or just plain ugly pipes on older or custom made pipes
- wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt to prevent itching/and irritation.
- wrap will smoke lightly after initial installation (just few minutes).
- starting at the flange end leave about ¼"- ½" for hardware.
- each wrap should overlap the previous layer by approximately ¼"- ½"
- turns and curves will have bit more of an overlap.
- try to keep the wrap as snug as possible as you go and continue to the end of the pipe.
- use a stainless steel tie at both ends to hold wrap in place. ( i use 2 0r 3 at each end for looks, extra security & peace of min
- Because the fiber properties, please wear gloves when using, or may irritate the skin itching.
- For a tighter fit soak the wrap in water before application. This will allow the wrap to stretch slightly so that it can be applied tighter and more evenly than when it is dry. This will soon dry out once the engine is turned on and the exhaust heats up. Soaking heat wrap will also make the wrap easier to work with.
- When applying the wrap overlap each pass by 1/4 to 1/2 inch to ensure good coverage and heat protection.
- For best results use heat-resistant strethc ties to ensure the wrap does not unravel.